What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
- A lot of things I’ve been avoiding. Things I wanted to do for myself. Things that I would have been judged for before.
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Pshhh I didn’t have any last new years. I should this year though, since I’ve got so much time on my hands.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Nope, at least I hope not.
Did anyone close to you die?
- Thankfully, no.
What countries did you visit?
- Good ol’ U S of A
What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
- More self confidence and self respect.
What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January 6, June 23
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Internship, finished my undergraduate career
What was your biggest failure?
- ummmmm didn’t try my best in school, but I didn’t fail sooooo…yay!
Did you suffer illness or injury?
- The infamous summer basketball ankle injury of 2012
What was the best thing you bought?
- Me personally? My computer and my cell phone. It’s the first time I spent a large amount of money on myself. I would say the half of the xbox I bought but I’ll never see that again, lol.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
Whose behavior made you appalled/depressed/angry?
- Everyone that I don’t like, duh. There are a certain few that stand out though.
Where did most of your money go?
- FOOD AND GAS
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Childish Gambino
What song will always remind you of 2012?
- Someone Like You, maybe it’s from 2011 but it reminds me of this past year. Also, Bonfire and Thinkin Bout You.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier? In some ways yes, in others no.
- Thinner? Ha
- Richer? Probably not.
What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Eat more sushi
What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Waited around and worried
Did you fall in love in 2012?
How many one-night stands?
What was your favorite TV program?
- At the moment, I wanna say New Girl. Maybe that’s because it’s one of the only ones I’m caught up with.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- Not really. I probably hate less people actually. Good job, Sheri!
What was the best book you read?
- All the Hunger Games. My other choice was A Song of Ice and Fire but I haven’t finished it yet so I don’t think it counts.
What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Explosions in the Sky
What did you want and got?
- What? This is silly.
What was your favorite film of this year?
- Perks of Being a Wallflower
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- Welllllll, I worked and my boss bought me lunch. I even opened presents at work! Then a bunch of my friends came over and we all went out to eat and I ate a delicious burger. I want that burger again. Then I went to the beach/lakefront and walked around and danced in sprinklers.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Straight A’s. Meh.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
- Hahahaha it doesn’t exist. I wake up, and decide what I feel like and what looks good on my body that day.
What kept you sane?
- Friends and music
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- Lol this can be a bit embarrassing. But I fancied all of One Direction, especially Zayn. I loved Aaron Paul for a bit. Donald Glover and Danny Pudi. Frank Ocean. It’s actually hard to remember.
What political issue stirred you the most?
- Elections, Marriage Equality, corrupt politicians
Who did you miss?
Who was the best new person you met?
- I actually met a good amount of people this past half a year. I can’t pick one!
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
- Every person is going through shit and they all need support, be a good person and help them and listen when they need it.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
- Alright, Already we’ll all float on. Now don’t you worry, we’ll all float on.